I believe that all kids can learn at high levels.
For that to occur, we MUST HAVE:
- A curriculum that provides an opportunity for all students to succeed within the time provided for that course.
- A crystal clear definition of what proficiency looks like at each and every topic level.
If it is truly about Learning, we will also:
- Know the basic skills that are precursors to proficiency AND we will know what it looks like to extend learning for students who reach proficiency quickly.
- Involve students in understanding where they are and what they need to work on next in each learning progression.
When we have:
- A tight curriculum,
- Crystal clear definitions of proficiency, and a
- Collaborative system that is focused on results and learning,
We have the opportunity to work as a team for 13 years to achieve high levels of learning for ALL students.